Posted On: 2016-10-21
Closing On: 2016-11-04
Location: Toronto, ON
Employment Type: Full-Time
Manager, Tiffany Circle
The Canadian Red Cross Society, a non-profit, humanitarian organization dedicated to helping Canadians, as well as the most vulnerable throughout the world, is currently seeking a Manager, Tiffany Circle Manages a portfolio of major donors who are engaged with the Canadian Red Cross through the Tiffany Circle. Tiffany Circle members support the mission of the Canadian Red Cross by promoting and developing women’s philanthropy through engaging current members, recruiting new members as donors to the Red Cross and supporting specific fundraising campaigns.
While the role is based in Toronto, the Manager, Major Gifts, will also work with the Major Gift Philanthropy team across Canada as it relates to Tiffany Circle members in their geographies.
- Manages the activities and monitors effectiveness of the Tiffany Circle Program, ensuring activities are aligned with Canadian Red Cross fundraising priorities, brand guidelines and policies.
- Manages national program operations with Philanthropy team within Canada
- Provides support to Tiffany Circle National Steering Committee and other Sub-committees including special campaigns
- Manages relationship, communications and requests for Honorary Chair(s)
- Oversees new member onboarding, membership training/orientation, engagement activities, and recruitment events
- Oversees national communication with members (incl. Tiffany Circle Newsletter, Calendar of Events, Membership Directory, updates/messages to members and national marketing materials)
- Collaborates with Communications and Philanthropy Hubs to develop marketing materials and update Tiffany Circle Website
- Provides information on Tiffany Circle priorities to Philanthropy team
- Develops and implements national strategies, activities and recruitment plan in collaboration with Philanthropy staff
- Leads planning and execution of Annual Anniversary Events
- Evaluates the effectiveness of Tiffany Circle Program, including regular monthly and quarterly reporting of key activity and financial indicators
- Collaborates with Tiffany Circle staff in International Red Cross Societies
- Manages a portfolio of individuals and family foundation donors and prospects
- Collaborates with team to execute Major Gift Program for individuals and family foundations
- Works with direct report to monitor and implement annual Business and Revenue plans
- Prepares and executes annual strategy to enhance relationship building
- Demonstrates a high level of personal contact with major gift donors
- Creates individual donor plans and associated strategies
- Prepares proposals and presents cases for support on key priority areas
- As a member of the Major Gift team, works closely with Prospect Research to identify prospects through activities such as database mining and prospect identification
- Utilizes Raiser’s Edge to capture moves management information
- Maintains current knowledge of giving trends
- Ensures effectiveness and tracking of Major Gift activity at Canadian Red Cross.
- Monitors progress of annual goals and makes adjustments as needed to ensure success
- Supports international and domestic disaster appeals.
- Manages communications with Tiffany Circle members during times of disasters to share information and gain support
- Integrates volunteer resources within the job’s scope of responsibility.
- Follows all policies and procedures as required to maintain a healthy and safe working environment.
- Adheres to implemented strategies to support social justice and diversity, in accordance with Society policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as required.
The minimum qualifications for this job are a community college diploma in Fundraising/Marketing with seven or more years of job-related experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Superior organizational and project-management skills.
- Proven track record of delivering fundraising results.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
- Exceptional interpersonal and presentation skills
- Patience, tact & sensitivity to donors’ concerns and a commitment to confidentiality essential.
- Strong planning, analytic, problem solving and diplomacy.
- Ability to be self-directed and a high achiever within an integrated management structure. Experience in volunteer management is an asset.
- Strong computer skills mandatory, with particular knowledge of at least one fundraising software package, preferably Raisers Edge.
- Knowledge of the Canadian Red Cross Society is an asset
Some travel throughout the province may be required. Current driver’s license is required. Will be required to work non-traditional hours to meet the needs of volunteers and during times of a disaster appeal.
This position requires a successful Canadian criminal record check. The Canadian Red Cross Society is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates may submit their resume in confidence no later than November 4, 2016 to:
Careers OZ careers-oz@Redcross.ca
While we appreciate all responses, only candidates under consideration will be contacted. We kindly ask not to send in duplicate copies of your resume. Please note that relocation funding is not available for this position.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE